- Redemption, Silent Spirits Game Studio, 2014–: Editing and layout on an indexed 310-page hardcover roleplaying rules and science-fiction setting book.
- Call to Arms: Fantastic Technology, Fat Goblin Games, 2015: Cover-credited rules design on a technological supplement for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, featuring new kingdom-building rules, items and item augmentation rules, feats, artificial intelligences, and setting and adventure seeds.
- Pathfinder product lines, Paizo Inc., 2014–: Editing work on Ranged Tactics Toolbox, Melee Tactics Toolbox, Pathfinder Unchained, and other forthcoming products.
- Wayfinder fanzine, Paizo Fans United, 2013–: Production, copyfitting, and layout on issues 8 through 13, and a rules contributor to issues 11 and 13. Issue 8 won a Gold ENnie Award.
- Jimi Hendrix: London, Roaring Forties Press, 2010: Editing and layout on a non-fiction paperback book.
I’ve edited a range of game publications, from hardcover core rulebooks to short companion products, and from fanzines to products by leading publishers.
My editing rates vary depending on the length of the work and complexity of the edits. Most projects fall between $0.03/word (proofreading) and $0.075/word (line-editing). I also offer flexible fixed-budget options for crowdfunded projects. Please e-mail me with details about your project for a complete quote.
I’ve also worked for years in print and digital publication production, including projects using professional print shops and print-on-demand services. I specialize in fast, consistent work on reusable templates, and my layout work includes copyfitting on request. I can also help you find quality low- or no-cost fonts and assets for your projects, generate custom decorations and assets as needed, and design book covers, tuck and product boxes, and other promotional materials.
My layout rates typically fall between $20-40/hour depending on project length and complexity, the amount of assets that must be generated, and whether the project is color or black-and-white, print or PDF-only, or involves generating an index. Keep in mind that I work fast—even large layout projects on new templates often total 20 billed hours or less, with smaller layout projects on existing templates coming in at 6 or fewer billed hours.
Ownership of the original InDesign templates is always included. I also offer flexible fixed-budget options for crowdfunded projects. Please e-mail me with details about your project for a complete quote.
Card and Board Game Graphic Design
I’ve designed cards, boards, tokens for game protytpes and would be happy to help you dress up your own game or prototype.
While not among my class skills, I’ve got a few ranks in generating maps as needed for publications.
I’ve also enjoyed coloring line art on commission.
For a quote on any of my services, please e-mail me with details about your project.